Are you overwhelmed by it all? It wasn't your fault and the insurance company is constantly calling and sending letters badgering you to settle right away?
Going through this process can by scary and stressful. You're trying to get well, yet the bills are piling up and you just want to get back to your normal life.
I can help. Call today for a FREE 90 minute consultation. I've helped thousands of people just like you.
Let's give the insurance company a taste of its own medicine.
Yvonne Griffin and her experienced personal injury staff have been helping injured people in Charlottesville and the local area for years. She's ready to help you now. In fact, representing people who have been hurt because of someone else's negligence is her only job. Because she specializes in personal injury, she brings years of experience evaluating claims, dealing with insurance companies, and trying cases to work for you. Because she only represents injured people, she knows the special challenges that you are going through. Contact her today for a free consultation.
Car wrecks cause injuries that range from bruises to muscle strains and sprains to spinal cord and brain injuries. Whatever the severity of your injuries, you need to begin protecting your rights immediately. After a wreck, an insurance adjuster will contact you asking you to give statements, sign releases or settle your case. REMEMBER, the adjustor works for the insurance company - not you. The adjuster looks out for the insurance company's best interests - not yours. You should always speak with a personal injury attorney before you talk with someone from the at-fault driver's insurance company. Yvonne Griffin will put your needs first - not the insurance company's.
What should I do if I am injured in a car accident?
Do not start on your own and make mistakes that cannot be undone. A few minutes on the telephone or in the office with an attorney may save you much time and money down the road.
Do you have any immediate tips?
- Get the names and telephone numbers of any potential witnesses.
- Take pictures of bruises, cuts and other injuries.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Do not sign consent forms for the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Remember, the insurance adjuster is on the at-fault driver's side – not yours.
- Be sure all your healthcare providers are billing your health insurance.
- Call your own auto insurance carrier and ask if you have “med pay” coverage.
- Do not tell anyone you are “fine” or “good” if you are not.
- Talk about your case with an attorney.
What clients have said about Yvonne Griffin
- "Following a car accident resulting in traumatic brain injury what you need is a highly professional lawyer who strives to get everything you deserve for our future. If that lawyer is also compassionate and patient and understands the limitations of the disabilities you suffer that is an added bonus. Yvonne Griffin is that lawyer. I would highly recommend her for all personal injury cases." - Stephanie H.
- "Yvonne Griffin was a pleasure to work with and professional in every way. She is frank, truthful and knowledgeable, which kept surprises to a minimum. She also has a great staff that makes you feel at home there. I would recommend her to anyone that needs the service of a qualified personal attorney." - Dan B.
- "I've worked with Yvonne on several cases and was impressed by her dedication to her clients. Yvonne is a fearless trial attorney and has significant court room experience." - Michael Phelan of Law Office of Michael G. Phelan, P.C.
- "I have worked with Yvonne Griffin as co-counsel on a number of cases, as well as in the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association. She is a caring and dedicated advocate for those who are injured by the negligence of others." - Wallace Wason of Jones, Blechman, Woltz & Kelly, P.C.
Some of our case results
[The results obtained under one set of circumstances cannot be a predictor of future results.]
- Brain Injury Accident case - $3,500,000
- Cerebral Palsy case - $2,600,000
- Medical Malpractice case - $800,000
- Assault and Battery against client - $600,000
- Stop Sign Accident case - $600,000
- T-Bone Automobile Accident case - $300,000
[The results obtained under one set of circumstances cannot be a predictor of future results.]
Frequently asked questions about Virginia automobile accident cases
How long do I have to file suit?
Generally speaking, the statute of limitations in Virginia for personal injury from an automobile accident is two years from the date of the accident. For injured persons under the age of 18, the statute of limitations is generally two years from the date of the18th birthday. Certain conditions or events may change the length of the statute of limitations, so you should contact an attorney about your particular case.
How can I hire the best personal injury attorney to handle my case?
Follow these rules to find the best personal injury attorney to handle your case. Remember that the best lawyer for someone else might not be the best lawyer for you. Be more informed.
Generally speaking, an attorney who only handles personal injury cases will be more informed and have more experience in personal injury law than an attorney who only does a few cases per year. The lawyer who did a great job representing you for a traffic ticket might not be the best lawyer to represent you in a personal injury case. Likewise, a lawyer that your family has used for years for all types of issues might not be the best lawyer for a personal injury case.
That being said, the lawyers who advertise personal injury on TV are not the only personal injury attorneys around. Check the internet, the yellow pages, bar referral services, and ask others who have had experience with personal injury attorneys.
Shop around. Always be a smart shopper for legal services. That means shop around - don't hire a lawyer just because he is the only one you have talked to. Hiring an attorney is like buying a tomato. You have to feel around until you get the one that feels right. Your personal injury case will be a long process. You want an attorney who knows what she is doing but also who answers your questions, doesn't talk down to you, and treats you like more than "just another case." You wouldn't buy the first car you came across; you'd shop around. Do the same thing with attorneys. Finding the right lawyer is equally important as finding an experienced lawyer.
Do your research. Check out the lawyer's reputation. You can ask friends and relatives; check the internet and internet rating services; check the state bar to see if the lawyer has been disciplined; ask other attorneys who don't do personal injury what they know about the lawyer you are considering.
Meet with the lawyer. If you initial visit at a firm has you meeting with a staff person rather than the lawyer, more likely than not that lawyer will not be dealing directly with you throughout our case.
Ask the lawyer questions. This is your case. Do not feel like you cannot ask questions. If the lawyer does not want to answer your questions in a consultation, this is a good indicator that the lawyer will not be open to your questions after you have hired him.
Any final thoughts on choosing a lawyer?
You must trust your attorney and have confidence in your attorney. Your attorney must be accessible. We will give you our attorney's personal, direct telephone number so you can speak with her whenever you have need. We understand that your case is very important to you, and will always treat you with the utmost respect.
Yvonne Griffin has been practicing since 1988, but she has done nothing but injury law since 1996. She chose to limit her practice this way so that she could do her best job on one type of case, rather than doing only a good job on lots of different type of cases. You don’t get in accidents every day, so you don’t know what is expected. She handles accident cases all day, every day. Yvonne Griffin wants to help you to a successful conclusion of your case.
What type of compensation is usually available in an automobile accident lawsuit?
Money damages typically available include property damages (such as vehicle repair or replacement), medical expenses (including past and future medical care), lost wages (past and present) and punitive damages (where the case involves reckless conduct.)
What is your fee structure?
We handle automobile accident cases on a contingency fee basis. We do not get paid a legal fee until you receive a settlement or jury verdict award. We offer a FREE one-hour, no-obligation consultation.
Tucker Griffin Barnes - Where deep insight equals powerful advantage.
Please contact Tucker Griffin Barnes PC in Charlottesville, Virginia, or Lake Monticello, Virginia, when you need legal advice. We have helped people in many areas of the law, including those injured in an automobile accident, car accident, tractor-trailer accident and on the job. We are a full-service law firm representing clients in matters ranging from personal injury, workers compensation, and social security disability to criminal law, divorce, and real estate.
Our geographic reach is broad. We provide legal services all over the state of Virginia, but especially to locations in our immediate area: Charlottesville, Crozet, Ruckersville, Earlysville, Scottsville, Lake Monticello, Palmyra, Stanardsville, Barboursville, Gordonsville, Waynesboro, Albemarle Co., Greene Co., Madison Co., Culpeper Co., Orange Co., Fluvanna Co., Louisa Co., Nelson Co. and Augusta Co.