Firm Partner – Practicing law since 1988.
AVVO Rating: 10 out of 10
Featured in “Virginia’s Largest Personal Injury Jury Verdicts”
When the results of your personal injury claim are at stake, you want a lawyer who only does one thing…That’s fighting the insurance companies every day, in and out of court. And when the insurance companies refuse to negotiate, you want a courtroom fighter — Yvonne T. Griffin is just that lawyer.
Please contact us today for a FREE 90-Minute Office Consultation.
“Yvonne Griffin is an extremely smart lawyer. Her years of experience were on prime display as she worked through every difficult problem with my car accident case. I couldn’t have asked for a better lawyer.”
“I highly recommend Yvonne Griffin and her staff. Not only did they get me a great settlement, they also got my medical liens reduced, which meant more money for my family.”
“Yvonne Griffin represented me in a car accident that required many months of hands on attention. She was a compassionate person always taking into consideration my limited ability from my brain injury, but not making me feel inferior. I highly recommend Yvonne. She is a true professional.”
“Thank you for taking my ‘small’ case. I know you all worked hard to help me and I’m very grateful for all you did for me.”
“Yvonne Griffin is a fearless trial attorney with significant court room experience.”
Types of Personal Injury cases Yvonne handles:
Sample of Yvonne Griffin’s Jury Verdicts and Settlement Results:
[The results obtained under one set of circumstances cannot be a predictor of future results.]
- Charlottesville, VA Car Accident with Brain Injury – $3,500,000
- Car Accident with Brain & Neck Injury – $740,000
- Charlottesville, VA T-Bone Car Accident – $300,000
- Crozet, VA Stop Sign Motorcycle Accident – $600,000
- Palmyra, VA Drunk Driver Truck Accident – $150,000
- Medical Negligence Leading to Cerebral Palsy Birth – $2,600,000
- Augusta Health Medical Negligence Leading to Leg Amputation – $1,750,000
- Medical Negligence Leading to Liver Failure & Wrongful Death – $800,000
- Hospital Failure to Prevent Suicide – $750,000
- Orange County, VA Employee Assault and Battery by Business Owner – $600,000
- Scottsville, VA Vicious Dog Bite – $150,000
- Harrisonburg, VA Vicious Dog Bite – $50,000
Please contact us for a FREE 90-Minute Office Consultation.
Education and Prior Experience:
- After graduating from Georgia Southern University in 1980 with a Bachelor of Art (BA) in English, Yvonne Griffin received her Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from Northwestern State University in 1985, and her Doctor of Jurisprudence (JD) from the College of William and Mary Law School in 1988.
- Yvonne served as Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney for two years in Hampton, Virginia. There she tried hundreds of cases and used that experience to develop her courtroom style.
- Yvonne also taught Business Law classes for the University of Maryland in South Korea during her husband’s two year military assignment there.
Significant Professional Relationships:
- Yvonne Griffin has been practicing in Charlottesville since 1993. A member of the Virginia State Bar, she is also active in numerous professional organizations such as the Charlottesville/Albemarle Bar Association and the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.
- Yvonne is a past member of the statewide Board of Governors for the Virginia Trial Lawyers. She is a past member of the American Bar Association, the Thomas Jefferson Inn of Courts, and the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
- Yvonne was recently selected by the American Society of Legal Advocates as one the Top Litigation lawyers in Virginia. She was recognized by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel as a Member of the Nation’s Top One Percent.
- Yvonne’s volunteer activities include Past President of the Albemarle County Police Foundation and Trustee of the Blue Ridge National Multiple Sclerosis Chapter, Charlottesville, Virginia.
Yvonne has always been passionate about the law:
Since the 5th grade, she knew she wanted to become a lawyer. Yvonne lives for the court room battle.
Your Next Step:
Contact Yvonne Griffin today – She can help.
We have three offices conveniently located in Charlottesville, Palmyra (Across from Food Lion), and Harrisonburg, Virginia.
For more information, visit our Accident and Disability Matters page.