Firm Partner – Practicing law since 1988.
AVVO Rating: 10 out of 10
Featured in “Virginia’s Largest Personal Injury Jury Verdicts”
Biography – Personal Injury Attorney
When the results of your personal injury claim are at stake, you want a lawyer who only does one thing…That’s fighting the insurance companies every day, in and out of court. And when the insurance companies refuse to negotiate, you want a courtroom fighter. Recently, Yvonne and her co-counsel, took a medical malpractice case to court and won $1,750,000 — one of the largest medical malpractice jury verdicts ever in Augusta county. Please contact me for a FREE consultation.
What her clients have said:
“Fantastic Attorney – even more fantastic human being! Yvonne assisted a family member with a difficult and complicated MVA case. She and her staff are very competent and trustworthy and they went above and beyond in their service to my family member. They kept us informed with each step and navigated a complicated process which allowed him to focus on healing. I would highly recommend her and her staff to anyone seeking an attorney who is both honest and competent….sometimes hard to find!!”
” Yvonne Griffin represented me in a car accident that required many months of hands on attention. She was a compassionate person always taking into consideration my limited abilities from my brain injury, but not making me feel inferior. She continued to strive to get the most for my future, as well as help me formulate a plan to best use it. She is a true professional.”
“Yvonne worked with me when I was rear-ended by a drunk driver. She was no-nonsense and didn’t sugar coat anything. She always treated me with respect as an equal. I recommend her whole heartedly!”
What her peers have said:
“Yvonne enjoys a great reputation in the legal community because she provides not only top quality legal services but does so in a manner that is respectful and compassionate to her clients.”
“Yvonne is a fearless trial attorney and has significant court room experience .”
Types of personal injury cases Ms. Griffin handles:
- Automobile Accidents
- ATV Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Daycare Accidents
- Drowning Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Electrocution Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Recreation Park Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Snow Tubing Accidents
- Tractor Trailer Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Birth Injury Cases
- Brain Injury Cases
- Cerebral Palsy Cases
- Failure to Diagnose Cases
- Failure to Prevent Suicide Cases
- Medical Malpractice Cases
- Medical Negligence Cases
- Misdiagnosed Cases
- Post-Surgery Infection Cases
- Premises Liability Cases
- Objects Left After Surgery Cases
- Spinal Cord Injury Cases
- Surgical Error Cases
- Wrongful Death Cases
- Vicious Dog Bite Cases
Sample of Ms. Griffin’s jury verdicts and settlement results:
[The results obtained under one set of circumstances cannot be a predictor of future results.]
- Brain Injury Resulting from Car Accident – $3,500,000
- Medical Negligence Leading to Cerebral Palsy Birth – $2,600,000
- Medical Negligence Leading to Leg Amputation – $1,750,000
- Medical Negligence Leading to Liver Failure & Wrongful Death – $800,000
- Hospital Failure to Prevent Suicide – $750,000
- Employee Assault and Battery by Business Owner – $600,000
- Stop Sign Motorcycle Accident – $600,000
- T-Bone Car Accident – $300,000
- Drunk Driver Truck Accident – $150,000
- Vicious Dog Bite – $50,000
Please contact me for a FREE Consultation.
Ms. Griffin has dedicated her career to helping injury victims:
- Yvonne Griffin is a trial lawyer who only practices law for injured persons. She is the senior local female attorney in Charlottesville and Albemarle County concentrating in car, truck and motorcycle crash cases.
- Ms. Griffin was featured in “Virginia’s Largest Personal Injury Verdicts” edition of the Virginia Lawyer’s Weekly.
- Although Ms. Griffin started practicing law in 1988 as a prosecutor, since 1995 she has done nothing but injury law. During this time she has handled hundreds of personal injury cases.
Education and prior experience:
- After graduating from Georgia Southern University in 1980 with a Bachelor of Art (BA) in English, Ms. Griffin received her Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from Northwestern State University in 1985 and her Doctor of Jurisprudence (JD) from the College of William and Mary Law School in 1988.
- Ms. Griffin served as Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney for two years in Hampton, Virginia. There she tried hundreds of cases and used that experience to develop her courtroom style.
- Ms. Griffin also taught Business Law classes for the University of Maryland in South Korea during her husband’s two year military assignment there.
Significant professional relationships in the law and in our community:
- Ms. Griffin has been practicing in Charlottesville since 1993. A member of the Virginia State Bar, Ms. Griffin is also active in numerous professional organizations such as the Charlottesville/Albemarle Bar Association and the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association. She is a past member of the statewide Board of Governors for the Virginia Trial Lawyers. She is a past member of the American Bar Association, the Thomas Jefferson Inn of Courts, and the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
- Ms. Griffin was recently selected by the American Society of Legal Advocates as one the Top Litigation lawyers in Virginia. She was recognized by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel as a Member of the Nation’s Top One Percent.
- Yvonne’s volunteer activities include Past President of the Albemarle County Police Foundation and Trustee of the Blue Ridge National Multiple Sclerosis Chapter, Charlottesville, Virginia.
For more information, visit our Accident and Disability Matters page.
Your next step:
If you or a loved one has been injured, please contact our firm right away. Ms. Griffin is eager to hear your story and discuss your options. Ms. Griffin offers a FREE, 90-minute office consultation. Please call today.
(Charlottesville: 434-973-7474; Harrisonburg: 540-217-5470; Lake Monticello: 434-589-3636)
Yvonne has always been passionate about the law:
Since the 5th grade Yvonne knew she wanted to become a lawyer. And she lives for the court room battle.
Immediate tips if you’ve been injured in a wreck:
- Get the names and telephone numbers of any potential witnesses.
- Take pictures of bruises, cuts and other injuries.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Do not sign consent forms for the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Remember, the insurance adjuster is on the at-fault driver’s side – not yours.
- Be sure all your healthcare providers are billing your health insurance.
- Call your own auto insurance carrier and ask if you have “med pay” coverage.
- Do not tell anyone you are “fine” or “good” if you are not.
- Contact us right away, before the evidence disappears.
Listen To My Radio Ad.