Yvonne T. Griffin
Personal Injury Attorney
Biography – Personal Injury Attorney
Sample of Ms. Griffin’s jury verdicts and settlement results:
[The results obtained under one set of circumstances cannot be a predictor of future results.]
- Brain Injury Resulting from Car Accident – $3,500,000
- Medical Negligence Leading to Cerebral Palsy Birth – $2,600,000
- Medical Negligence Leading to Leg Amputation – $1,750,000
- Medical Negligence Leading to Liver Failure & Wrongful Death – $800,000
- Hospital Failure to Prevent Suicide – $750,000
- Employee Assault and Battery by Business Owner – $600,000
- Stop Sign Motorcycle Accident – $600,000
- T-Bone Car Accident – $300,000
- Drunk Driver Truck Accident – $150,000
- Vicious Dog Bite – $50,000
Ms. Griffin has dedicated her career to helping injury victims:
- Yvonne Griffin is a trial lawyer who only practices law for injured persons. She is the senior local female attorney in Charlottesville and Albemarle County concentrating in car, truck and motorcycle crash cases.
- Ms. Griffin was recently featured in “Virginia’s Largest Personal Injury Verdicts” edition of the Virginia Lawyer’s Weekly.
- Although Ms. Griffin started practicing law in 1988 as a prosecutor, since 1995 she has done nothing but injury law. During this time she has handled hundreds of personal injury cases.
- After graduating from Georgia Southern University in 1980 with a Bachelor of Art (BA) in English, Ms. Griffin received her Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from Northwestern State University in 1985 and her Doctor of Jurisprudence (JD) from the College of William and Mary Law School in 1988.
- Ms. Griffin served as Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney for two years in Hampton, Virginia. There she tried hundreds of cases and used that experience to develop her courtroom style.
- Ms. Griffin also taught Business Law classes for the University of Maryland in South Korea during her husband’s two year military assignment there.
- Ms. Griffin has been practicing in Charlottesville since 1993. A member of the Virginia State Bar, Ms. Griffin is also active in numerous professional organizations such as the Charlottesville/Albemarle Bar Association and the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association. She is a past member of the statewide Board of Governors for the Virginia Trial Lawyers. She is a past member of the American Bar Association, the Thomas Jefferson Inn of Courts, and the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
- Ms. Griffin was recently selected by the American Society of Legal Advocates as one the Top Litigation lawyers in Virginia. She was recognized by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel as a Member of the Nation’s Top One Percent.
- Yvonne’s volunteer activities include Past President of the Albemarle County Police Foundation and Trustee of the Blue Ridge National Multiple Sclerosis Chapter, Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Get the names and telephone numbers of any potential witnesses.
- Take pictures of bruises, cuts and other injuries.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Do not sign consent forms for the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Remember, the insurance adjuster is on the at-fault driver’s side – not yours.
- Be sure all your healthcare providers are billing your health insurance.
- Call your own auto insurance carrier and ask if you have “med pay” coverage.
- Do not tell anyone you are “fine” or “good” if you are not.
- Contact us right away, before the evidence disappears.
Please visit the following pages for more detail: