Laura Blair Butler
Divorce & Family Law Attorney
Biography – Our Senior Divorce Attorney
Ms. Butler has dedicated her career to helping people facing difficult family law issues:
- Laura Blair Butler began her Family Law practice over 19 years ago in Charlotte, North Carolina. After relocating to Charlottesville, Virginia, she joined Tucker Griffin Barnes P.C. in May of 2005.
- As a member of the Virginia and North Carolina State Bars, Ms. Butler is a zealous advocate for her clients dealing with the emotional and financial concerns of divorce, child custody, child support, and other family matters. She has been described by her clients and peers as professional, exceptionally knowledgeable and well-prepared.
Recognized for her family law work and straight-forward style:
- Ms. Butler has been voted the “No. 1 Family Law Attorney” in Charlottesville Family magazine for the past six years in a row.
- Ms. Butler was selected for the 2017 Virginia Super Lawyers List.
- She is well known for being tough against her opponents and for providing “blunt” assessments to her clients, often telling them what they need to hear, not what they necessarily want to hear. Her clients find this straight talk helps them develop a clear vision of what they want to accomplish, thereby reaching important decisions faster.
Education and professional relationships:
- Ms. Butler was admitted to the North Carolina Bar in 1995, and continues to be an active member. In 2004 she was admitted to the Virginia State Bar. Ms. Butler is a member of the statewide Virginia Trial Lawyers Board of Governors, including Past Chairman of the Family Law Section of the Virginia Trial Lawyers’ Association. She is a member Charlottesville Albemarle Bar Association and The Thomas Jefferson American Inn of Court. She has also served as a Member of the Advisory Committee for Virginia Continuing Legal Education.
- Ms. Butler received her Juris Doctor from Washington and Lee University School of Law in Lexington in 1995.
Your next step:
If you need legal advice please contact our firm today. Ms. Butler is eager to hear your story and discuss your options.
Passionate about family law for a long time:
- Ms. Butler has practiced exclusively in family law since 1997, although she often jokes that her practice started at the age of three when her parents divorced. Laura has a unique understanding of what her clients are experiencing, and understands what it will take to help them move forward.
- Ms. Butler is married with one daughter. She is dedicated to the practice of family law and ensuring that her clients receive the best representation possible.
Please visit the following pages for more details: