Aggressive Divorce Attorney
Firm Partner – Practicing law since 1995.
AVVO Rating: 10 out of 10
Selected as a “Virginia Super Lawyer”
Consultations available by Zoom.
What her clients have said:
“If it’s going to be a fight, you need Laura Butler on your side.”
“Laura Butler is always prepared. I never saw her surprised in or out of court. She treats all adversaries with respect, and then proceeds to dismantle them. When I saw how well she knew and could quickly recall the details of my case in court, I was amazed.”
“Five words: ‘I like to be perfect.’ These are the words you want and need your attorney to say, and they are a direct quote from Laura Butler. She represented me in my very contentious separation and divorce. I hired her after my first attorney refused to return my calls for ten days. Laura has always been incredibly professional, punctual and responsive.”
What her peers have said:
“Laura Butler is a knowledgeable, aggressive, skillful advocate for her clients. I would highly recommend her to anyone seeking a family law attorney.”
“Laura Butler is well-versed in the law and is an excellent advocate for her clients. Laura also is reasonable and has a mature perspective.”
Types of cases Ms. Butler handles:
Ms. Butler has dedicated her career to helping people facing difficult family law issues:
- Laura Blair Butler began her Family Law practice over 21 years ago in Charlotte, North Carolina. After relocating to Charlottesville, Virginia, she joined Tucker Griffin Barnes P.C. in May of 2005.
- As a member of the Virginia and North Carolina State Bars, Ms. Butler is a zealous advocate for her clients dealing with the emotional and financial concerns of divorce, child custody, child support, and other family matters. She has been described by her clients and peers as professional, exceptionally knowledgeable and well-prepared.
Recognized for her family law work and straight-forward style:
- Ms. Butler has been voted the “No. 1 Family Law Attorney” in Charlottesville Family magazine for the past six years in a row.
- Ms. Butler was selected as a 2017-2018 Virginia Super Lawyer.
- Interviewed by NBC29 – “Cracking Down on Millions in Back Child Support”
- She is well known for being tough against her opponents and for providing “blunt” assessments to her clients, often telling them what they need to hear, not what they necessarily want to hear. Her clients find this straight talk helps them develop a clear vision of what they want to accomplish, thereby reaching important decisions faster.
Education and professional relationships:
Ms. Butler was admitted to the North Carolina Bar in 1995, and continues to be an active member. In 2004 she was admitted to the Virginia State Bar. Ms. Butler is a member of the statewide Virginia Trial Lawyers Board of Governors, including Past Chairman of the Family Law Section of the Virginia Trial Lawyers’ Association. She is a member Charlottesville Albemarle Bar Association and The Thomas Jefferson American Inn of Court. She has also served as a Member of the Advisory Committee for Virginia Continuing Legal Education.
- Ms. Butler received her Juris Doctor from Washington and Lee University School of Law in Lexington in 1995.
Passionate about family law for a long time:
- Ms. Butler has practiced exclusively in family law since 1997, although she often jokes that her practice started at the age of three when her parents divorced. Laura has a unique understanding of what her clients are experiencing, and understands what it will take to help them move forward.
- Ms. Butler is married with one daughter. She is dedicated to the practice of family law and ensuring that her clients receive the best representation possible.
Your Next Step:
Contact our experienced attorneys – We’re ready to help.
We have four offices conveniently located in Charlottesville, Palmyra (Across from Food Lion), Harrisonburg, and Staunton, Virginia.