Virginia Family Law Attorneys | Tucker Griffin Barnes P.C.
Dedicated attorneys protecting individuals and families in Virginia
When dealing with family law issues, it is important to be represented by an attorney who understands the emotional toll the legal process can take on you. The attorneys at Tucker Griffin Barnes P.C. are compassionate and know how to get results. We support you through this difficult time, advising you about the best course of action for your family. We keep you updated on your case so you fully understand your options. With our help, you can begin to focus on the future of your family.
Knowledgeable attorneys handling a wide range of family law matters
If you are going through a divorce, there are many issues you must consider. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling all legal matters related to divorce.
- Separation agreements. Choosing to separate from your spouse is never an easy decision. Our law firm can help you draft a separation agreement that details issues such as property division, spousal support, child custody and child support.
- No-fault and contested divorce. In Virginia, an uncontested divorce can be granted on no-fault grounds if both people agree to terms. When the divorcing parties cannot come to an agreement on all matters, the divorce is contested and a trial is necessary. . Our attorneys help you determine whether your divorce must be contested and whether fault grounds apply to your situation.
- Collaborative divorce. For many separating couples, the thought of going to court to settle their divorce is daunting. If both parties can communicate and agree on all pertinent issues, collaborative divorce is a good option. The parties agree not to litigate, and attorneys guide the couple through negotiations.
- Appeals. Did you know you have ten (10) days from the date a Final Order is entered in Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court or General District Court to appeal? The appeal is heard in Circuit Court, and tried “de novo,” meaning like new. There are methods of discovery available in Circuit Court that are not available in Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court or General District Court. If you are unsatisfied with the outcome of your case, note your appeal and come speak to our experienced attorneys at Tucker Griffin Barnes.
- Children’s issues. We are always dedicated to doing what is in the best interests of your children. We handle cases involving children’s issues such as child custody, child support, visitation and parents’ rights.
- LGBT legal issues. We help lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) individuals in family law cases involving separation agreements, child custody and support orders, prenuptial agreements and more.
We also represent work with clients on other family law matters including:
- Prenuptial agreements. These is a documents are signed before marriage to establishes how property and assets will be divided in the event of a divorce. Prenups are especially important when one spouse earns significantly more money than the other or there are children involved from a previous marriage.
- Adoption. Adopting a child should be a joyous occasion for your family. However, the process can be complicated and frustrating. We can guide you through the adoption process, bringing your child home as soon as possible.
- Wills, trusts and probate. An estate plan is essential for managing what happens to your wealth and assets upon your death. It helps protect your family and ensures they are taken care of. We can help you in matters relating to wills, trusts and probate.
Our attorneys have the skill and experience necessary to help you through any family law issue.
Contact a compassionate family law attorney in Charlottesville today
No matter your family law issue, a lawyer at Tucker Griffin Barnes P.C. can help. Call us today at 434-326-1649 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation at either our Charlottesville, Virginia, Harrisonburg, Virginia or Lake Monticello, Virginia office.