Charlottesville Tractor Trailer Accidents Lawyers | Virginia Override & Underride Attorneys
Helping accident victims recover the damages they deserve. Contact us today for a FREE 90 minute consultation.
Every car accident is a frightening and costly experience, but even a minor mishap with a tractor-trailer can produce serious injuries and result in long-term costs. Tractor-trailers can weigh up to five times as much as a standard sedan; any impact is likely to cause serious injuries to you and extensive damage to your vehicle. If you have been hurt in a tractor-trailer accident, you deserve compensation for injuries not covered by insurance.
If you have been hurt, please contact Tucker Griffin Barnes P.C. about your case. We are a full-service law firm of dedicated trial attorneys, and we can help you get the assistance you need.
Big-rig accidents can have many sources
There are a number of factors that can lead to collisions with big rigs. When roadways are shared by huge trucks and much smaller cars, there’s always the potential for major accidents that can leave car drivers and passengers with significant injuries and high insurance costs. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Overloaded trucks—Some trucking companies maximize the cargo space on their rigs by overloading trucks. An overloaded truck has difficulty stopping and presents a significant threat to you and your family when you are on the road with one.
- Driver error —The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulates large trucks and buses with strict rules and safety precautions. For instance, big-rig drivers are required to get certain periods of rest when they’ve spent a certain number of hours on the road. When truckers fail to get that rest or commit other common violations such as speeding, they can be liable if they are involved in accidents.
- Roadway hazards — Uneven grading, road construction and the lack of a shoulder on a highway are all hazards that exist on roads and can contribute to a collision.
In any truck accident, there may be more than one party responsible, including the truck driver, the trucking company, or the truck manufacturer. An experienced lawyer examines all the evidence to hold the liable parties accountable.
Tractor-trailer accidents come in many different forms
There are many types of tractor-trailer accidents, all of which pose a serious threat to you as a driver or passenger. These include:
- Underride accidents — The size of big rigs allows for the possibility your car may cross under the trailer portion of the vehicle. So-called “underride accidents” are responsible for 350 deaths a year on American roads.
- Override accidents — Override accidents are similar to rear-end collisions, but the size and force of a tractor-trailer has the potential to crush the passenger compartment of the vehicle in front of it.
- Rollover accidents — Rollover accidents are among the most common truck accidents. They’re also among the deadliest. They pose a particular threat to truck drivers due to the elevated cab position and weight of the vehicle as well as a threat to other cars behind the tractor-trailer.
The type of accident you’re involved in affects your ability to prove liability and negligence for your injuries. Our firm is made up of veteran trial attorneys who fight on behalf of people injured in tractor-trailer accidents. We also represent families in wrongful death suits for those killed in such accidents.
Contact us if you have been injured in a tractor-trailer accident.
From our offices in Charlottesville and Lake Monticello, Tucker Griffin Barnes P.C helps clients throughout the state of Virginia who’ve suffered serious injuries when tractor-trailers have collided with them. If you have been injured in such an accident, our attorneys will fight hard on your behalf. Contact us at 434-973-7474 or online.
Types of Personal Injury cases Ms. Griffin handles:
- Automobile Accidents
- ATV Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Daycare Accidents
- Drowning Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Electrocution Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Recreation Park Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Snow Tubing Accidents
- Tractor Trailer Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Birth Injury Cases
- Brain Injury Cases
- Cerebral Palsy Cases
- Failure to Diagnose Cases
- Failure to Prevent Suicide Cases
- Medical Malpractice Cases
- Medical Negligence Cases
- Misdiagnosed Cases
- Post-Surgery Infection Cases
- Premises Liability Cases
- Objects Left After Surgery Cases
- Spinal Cord Injury Cases
- Surgical Error Cases
- Wrongful Death Cases
- Vicious Dog Bite Cases